The Perseus Project's purpose (Protection of European BoRders and Seas trough the IntElligent Use of surveillance), is the protection of the European seas and its frontiers with the intelligent use of technology. This pilot project, with a budget of 43,7 MEuro and a duration of 4 years is one of the first and most important initiatives financed within the 7th Framework Programme, and it is going to become the flagship project in the field of maritime security.Perseus answers the demand of a European integrated system for the sea frontiers' control. The project has the goal of developing and testing a European system for maritime surveillance through the integration of the existent European and local systems and its update and improvement using technological innovations. With two big-scale tests, Perseus will be able to show the viability of a European system and will set the standard and the bases for its final development. Indra will be in charge of coordinating the consortium, formed by 29 partners from 12 different EU countries, most of them having maritime frontiers.
Satways Role in PERSEUS
- Support the definition of the PERSEUS system of systems architecture.
- Support of legacy information systems interoperability & integration.
- Support the PERSEUS integration and verification activities of the implemented system of systems.
- Provide the Command and Control platform to integrate sensors and legacy systems for the western campaign field execution playing the role of the French NCC and sharing information among the French SPATIONAV, the Spanish SIVE and the Italian Smart systems.
- Provide the Command and Control platform to integrate sensors and legacy systems for the eastern campaign field execution.
- Build 3D operational picture for the eastern campaign field execution at all levels of coordination (National, Regional and Local)